They are delicious and a real crowd pleaser.
For the Muffins
- 250 millilitres cornmeal (yellow stone-ground)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 250 millilitres sifted flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 250 millilitres milk
- 125 millilitres melted unsalted butter
- 250 millilitres canned sweetcorn kernels
- 250 millilitres cottage cheese
For the Filling
- 125 millilitres finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 125 millilitres grated cheddar cheese
Jalapeno Corn Muffins is a community recipe submitted by DonnaDNYC and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
If any of the Cheddar melts down the sides of the muffin tins, these may be a bit tricky to remove, but carefully sliding a knife around the muffins should do the trick.