They are delicious and a real crowd pleaser.
For the Muffins
- 1 cup cornmeal (yellow stone-ground)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup canned sweetcorn kernels
- 1 cup cottage cheese
For the Filling
- ½ cup finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
Jalapeno Corn Muffins is a community recipe submitted by DonnaDNYC and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
If any of the Cheddar melts down the sides of the muffin tins, these may be a bit tricky to remove, but carefully sliding a knife around the muffins should do the trick.