This is from The Essential Asian Cookbook (Murdoch Books). Because my veggie shop sells pretty hefty coriander plants, I just use two roots and chop up whatever leaves and stalks are attached to the tops. I also substitute baby spinach for the spinach leaves and serve with lime wedges rather than drizzle over the juice because peopleâ€™s tastes vary. The beef is meltingly tender cooked like this â€“ absolutely yummy.
- 397 grams beef (fillet, or 4 1-inch thick fillet steaks)
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 cilantro stalks (finely chopped)
- 63 millilitres cilantro (chopped - leaves and stems)
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 125 millilitres water
- 1 leek (sliced)
- 20 spinach leaves
- 63 millilitres lime juice
Thai Braised Beef With Spinach and Leeks is a community recipe submitted by ella2 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.