- 18 ounces chicken (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 cinnamon stick (broken in half)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 3 grated cloves
- grated fresh gingerroot
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- gram tamarind (you need to dissolve it with some warm water)
- 1½ cups coconut milk (you can reduce the amount to suit your taste)
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
Tamarind Chicken is a community recipe submitted by etoile and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.