It's that time of year again, and what better way to celebrate the holiday season than with a Classic Sweet Potato Casserole topped with gooey, fluffy marshmallows? This recipe is a must-have for any Christmas Dinner Spread, and is sure to be a hit with both kids and adults alike. Whether you're looking to add some extra sweetness to your Holiday Feast or just want to enjoy a comforting and delicious side dish, this sweet potato recipe with marshmallows is sure to satisfy. So grab your ingredients and let's get cooking!
- 4 medium charlotte potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- pinch of salt
- handful marshmallows
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
Festive Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows is a community recipe submitted by IsabellaCharlotte and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Wash and dry the sweet potatoes, then slice them into ¼-inch thick rounds.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt.
- Arrange the sweet potato slices in a single layer on a baking sheet and brush them with the butter mixture.
- Roast the sweet potatoes in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until they are tender and starting to brown around the edges.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and sprinkle the marshmallows over the top of the sweet potatoes.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, until the marshmallows are golden brown and puffed.
- Serve the sweet potatoes hot, garnished with additional cinnamon or chopped nuts if desired. Enjoy!