This is another fab recipe from my amazing Womens Institute jams pickles and chutneys book.
- ½ onion (processed)
- celery (1 large or 2 small heads, processed)
- 1¼ pints malt vinegar
- 2 ounces pickling spice (tied in a muslin bag - I sometimes use a popsock)
- 1 chopped tomatoes
- ½ apple (peeled, cored and processed)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 12 ounces soft light brown sugar
- 8 ounces golden raisins (or raisins)
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
Red Tomato and Celery Chutney is a community recipe submitted by fosse and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.