Combine all ingredients in a preserving pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until there is no excess liquid and the chutney has a jam like consistency. Stir from time to time. Pot up, and store for 6-8 weeks before using.
This is very easy to make, lasts well and tastes fabulous!
- ⅞ rhubarb (cut into 2 inch chunks)
- ½ roughly chopped onion
- 113 raisins (or chopped dates or sultanas)
- ¼ malt vinegar
- ¼ water
- ½ turbinado sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2½ grated fresh gingerroot
Womens Institute Rhubarb and Ginger Chutney is a community recipe submitted by fosse and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.