An authentic recipe given to me by a friend who worked in the Middle East.
- 2 tablespoons bulgur wheat (approximately)
- 3 chopped scallions
- 500 chopped fresh italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 medium finely chopped tomato (and drained of excess moisture)
- 1 inch finely chopped cucumber (and drained of excess moisture)
- 2 lemons (juice of)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (approximately)
- salt (to taste)
Tabbouleh is a community recipe submitted by Gravy Queen and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
Tabbouleh is often eaten with lettuce leaves or sometimes vine leaves or cabbage leaves, scooping up some of the tabbouleh and folding them so that you have a mini parcel of tabbouleh. It also often garnished with strips of sweet pepper and sometimes olives.