These delectable muffins are a perfect breakfast for all you busy folks. You can make a batch and store it in an airtight container for a sweet breakfast or snack ready to go. You can also swap the blueberries for cranberries or raspberries. The shredded coconut scent with the blueberries is a lighter version to store-bought muffins. Enjoy both warm and cold.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup greek yoghurt
- 3 cups almond milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 bananas (mashed)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 heaping tablespoons shredded coconut
Healthy Banana Blueberry Muffins is a community recipe submitted by fathimamallick and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C. Line a muffin tray with coconut oil or butter.
- Whisk the whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together.
- In a separate bowl, mix honey and brown sugar. Add in the mashed bananas, greek yoghurt and the egg.
- Pour the wet batter into the dry mixture slowly. Mix with a spatula and pour the almond milk into the batter. It should have the consistency of a cake batter and if it is too dry, add some more milk.
- Fold in the blueberries and shredded coconut. Pour the batter into the muffin tray, filling each cup about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes. You will know it is done when the muffins have risen and a toothpick comes out clean but with tints of purple. It can be enjoyed both warm and cold.