This is the easiest fruitcake recipe I know of! It's seriously rich and always a winner served buttered with tea! A great cake to have in the freezer in case of 'emergencies' - serious comfort food.
- 8 ounces soft butter ()
- 8 ounces soft dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces mixed dried fruit
- 5 chopped dates
- 5 chopped figs
- 1 tub candied cherries (a large tub, cherries halved)
- 10 ounces chopped walnuts
- 12 ounces self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
Rich Fruitcake is a community recipe submitted by Jennypen and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
This cake will keep in an airtight tin/foil for weeks. Can also be frozen.