This has been cooked by my family for along time, and is a very simple country farmhouse recipe, and is very easily prepared and cooked. One can use any fruit frozen or fresh for the filling. This is not an original recipe, but I can recommend this!
For the Filling
- 3 large bramley apples (sharp)
- 1½ ounces butter
- 6 ounces blackberries
- 5 ounces superfine sugar (or splender)
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
For the Crumble
- 4 ounces diced unsalted butter
- 8 ounces all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces superfine sugar (or splender)
- brown sugar (to dust after cooking)
Blackberry and Apple Crumble is a community recipe submitted by John Wichers and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.