This has been cooked by my family for along time, and is a very simple country farmhouse recipe, and is very easily prepared and cooked. One can use any fruit frozen or fresh for the filling. This is not an original recipe, but I can recommend this!
For the Filling
- 3 large bramley apples (sharp)
- 43 butter
- 170 blackberries
- 142 superfine sugar (or splender)
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
For the Crumble
- 113 diced unsalted butter
- 227 all-purpose flour
- 113 superfine sugar (or splender)
- brown sugar (to dust after cooking)
Blackberry and Apple Crumble is a community recipe submitted by John Wichers and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.