I drool over this dish every time I read about it, hear of it, see the jars of pesto in my cupboard or simply think about it - I'm drooling now. You can serve this on a bed of cous-cous, or boil up a pan of bow-tie pasta and tip it into the green sauce, mix together and serve for more bulk. You can leave out the peas if you want to limit the carb intake and replace with spinach or prawn...either is perfect. I have done this with chicken breast as well simply cooking the chicken beforehand slowly, seasoning it with salt and pepper and olive oil. Chop up the chicken as you like and mix in to replace the prawns. If you come up with your own variation, let me know so I can chow my way through it.
- 1 packet spinach (a large packet, washed)
- 1 packet shrimp (a large packed - cooked, shelled and cleaned)
- 2 packets pinenuts
- 2 jars of green pesto
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 small hot chopped finely red chile (seeds and all - use a large one if you want extra heat)
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Parmesan cheese (a small wedge)
- 1 lemon (juice of - half if you prefer)
Pesto, Prawn and Spinach Salad is a community recipe submitted by JohnJJMartin and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.