A combination of 2 recipes- Nigella's crumble topping from How to Eat, and the peach pie filling recipe from Williams-Sonoma. Such a delight. Delicious served warm with cold vanilla custard. The perfect easy dessert.
For the Peach Filling
- 6 cups peaches (peeled, pitted and sliced - in the winter you can use 2 pounds of frozen, thawed peaches)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
For the Crumble Topping
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (cold and cut into small cubes)
- 3 tablespoons soft light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
Peach Crumble is a community recipe submitted by juicyorange and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.