This is a lovely light cake perfect with greek yoghurt & a coffee.
- 255 grams butter
- 188 millilitres superfine sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250 millilitres chopped dates
- 125 millilitres coconut
- 125 millilitres mashed, cold pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (or lemon zest, finely grated)
- 500 millilitres self-raising flour
- 125 millilitres milk
Pumpkin and Date Cake is a community recipe submitted by Kiwifruit1 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
This cake is not meant to be a "highrise" cake, so dont be disappointed when you take it out of the tin. :o)