Another lovely dish to accompany all sorts of dishes.
- ¼ cup brandy
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup minced red onions
- ¼ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ⅘ teaspoon salt
- ⅘ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- ¾ cup toasted, chopped walnuts
Cranberry-Walnut Relish is a community recipe submitted by Krakra58 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- In a medium saucepan, combine brandy, orange zest and juice, vinegar, onion, mustard seed, salt and pepper. Bring to boil over medium heat. Boil until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Reduce heat to medium, stir in sugar and cranberries. Cook, stirring until sugar dissolves. Continue cooking, stirring often until most of the cranberries have popped, about 9 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in nuts, cool. Pour into serving dish. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.