This recipe is my variation on the 'Haricots Verts a la Provencale' found in Mastering the Art of French Cooking Vol. I by Julia Child et. al. While the dish tastes very summery, I can't help thinking it would make a wonderful Christmas vegetable offering, being so appropriately red and green...
- 1⅜ kilograms green beans
- 3 large scallions
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 750 millilitres grape tomatoes (cut in half)
- 2 cloves mashed garlic (optional)
- 125 millilitres white wine
- 63 millilitres chopped fresh parsley
- 63 millilitres chopped fresh basil
- 63 millilitres chopped fresh tarragon
Garlicky Green Beans Wtih Grape Tomatoes and Herbs is a community recipe submitted by Psappha and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
If you are as much a fan of salt as I am, you may want to season the beans before adding the tomato mixture.