These yummy individual cakes are simply lovely!
- 2 plums (halved and stoned and sliced)
- 4 ounces almond meal
- 1½ cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 5 ounces melted unsalted butter
- 6 medium slightly beaten egg whites
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- 4⅖ fluid ounces greek yoghurt
- 4⅖ fluid ounces creme fraiche
Little Plum & Almond Cakes is a community recipe submitted by Krakra58 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 18oC. Grease a 125 capacity muffin tin.
- Combine almond meal, sugar and flour in a large mixing bowl, add the melted butter and beaten egg whites, stir until just combined.
- Divide mixture into muffin tin, top each with 3-4 slices of plums, sprinkle with the sliced almonds and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Combine yogurt and creme fraiche and serve with a dollop on warm cakes.
Absolutely scrumptious! Recipe by Bill Granger.