This recipe (from Gourmet Magazine) makes the best chocolaty biscotti I've ever tried. The recipe calls for sprinkling the dough with confectioners' sugar. I prefer sprinkling the cookies with the sugar after they've been baked, cut, baked again, and cooled. The chocolate with the white sprinkle of sugar is very pretty. These cookies are great at Christmas time or any time.
- 500 millilitres all-purpose flour
- 125 millilitres unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- 250 millilitres sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 250 millilitres walnut pieces
- 188 millilitres chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
Double Chocolate Walnut Biscotti is a community recipe submitted by Lea and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.