These cookies are a firm favourite in my family as they are richly decadent yet incredibly moreish. The texture is a gorgeous mix of soft and crumbly and they taste their best still warm from the oven for ultimate gooey-ness. Half my pleasure is in making them as I love licking fingerfuls of the unctious dough (in a very Nigella way) as I mix the ingredients together. I have been known to reserve some of the mix to be kept in the fridge for such indulgences!
- 188 millilitres plain chocolate chips
- 83 millilitres unsweetened cocoa powder
- 125 millilitres butter (or margarine, softened)
- 125 millilitres superfine sugar
- 63 millilitres soft dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 165 millilitres all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
Lush Squidgy Double Chocolate Cookies is a community recipe submitted by leiladukes and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.