This is my favourite salad. I eat this all the time with virtually any type of cooked meat and especially with ribs.
- 1 cup couscous
- 1¼ cups chicken broth
- 1 handful chopped fresh parsley
- 1 handful chopped fresh basil
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ finely chopped spanish onion
- 1 finely diced carrot
- ½ finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 tomato (deseeded and finely diced)
- 1 lebanese cucumber (deseeded and finely diced)
- 1 small red chile (optional)
- ½ butternut squash (chopped into cubes)
- lemon slices
- sliced lime
Cous Cous Salad is a community recipe submitted by lexi14 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
Occasionally I will roast the veg all together with some garlic and add in zucchini (courgette), eggplant, squash and so on for some extra flavour.