Mix filling ingredients together. lay out the wrappers one at a time, dip finger in water/cornstarch mixture and moisten the edges of the wrapper. Place a heaped teaspoon of filling in the middle and seal. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil large saucepan or wok. when oil is ready add dumplings and cook on high heat until brown underneath. w ithout turning dumplings add a cup of water and cover, steam for approx 1 minute, turn off heat and leave for a few minutes to cook through.
Tasty little dumplings, easy to make!
For the Potstickers
- 1 packet gyoza (or wonton wrappers)
For the Filling
- ½ pound ground chicken (or minced pork)
- ½ pound ground shrimp
- ½ cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon asian sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 3 tablespoons sliced finely scallions
- 3 tablespoons grated or finely sliced fresh gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
For the Sealing
Potstickers is a community recipe submitted by lilajessie and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.