Something spicy for Christmas that isn't a mince pie and on the lighter side.
- 5 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3½ ounces softened butter
- 5½ ounces soft dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 fluid ounces boiling water
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 orange zest
- instant royal icing (or glace icing)
Festive Muffins is a community recipe submitted by loup and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
Keep well in an airtight container, that's if they last that long.