These are almost cake-like. Icing is not necassary, but is often desired. I will usually glaze them with confectionary sugar mixed with fresh citrus juices. These will puff up so don't cut them with intricate cutters; simple shapes work best.
- 250 millilitres shortening
- 500 millilitres granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon fresh, grated nutmeg
- 1500 millilitres sifted cake flour
- 250 millilitres milk
White Sugar Cookies is a community recipe submitted by mardibug and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.