A wonderful way to use left over Christmas Day food, ideal for a Boxing Day Picnic.
- 2 frozen flaky puff pastry sheets
- 1 cup cooked leftover turkey (or use as much as you like to fit in pie tin/dish)
- 1 cup mixed roasted vegetables (potato, sweet potato, pumkin, peas, etc.)
- 1 cup chopped slices of stuffing
- 1 medium finely chopped onion
- 1 cup leftover gravy
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
Boxing Day Pie is a community recipe submitted by MariaSouris and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Line your greased pie tin or dish with pastry, may need 1 sheet or 1 1/2 to fit properly.
- Layer meat and vegies so that all is evenly distributed.
- Pour the cold gravy (thick not watery)over the meat and vegies.
- Top with pastry sheet,pinch the pie edge together.
- Glaze with egg wash or milk.
- Bake in a pre heated oven 180 c for 45-50 mins.
- The gravy keeps the meat and vegies moist and the flavour is devine.
- Delicous hot or cold. Serve with salad for a meal or on its own with cranberry jelly or sweet chillie sauce.