A wonderful way to use left over Christmas Day food, ideal for a Boxing Day Picnic.
- 2 frozen flaky puff pastry sheets
- 8⅘ grams cooked leftover turkey (or use as much as you like to fit in pie tin/dish)
- 8⅘ grams mixed roasted vegetables (potato, sweet potato, pumkin, peas, etc.)
- 8⅘ grams chopped slices of stuffing
- 1 medium finely chopped onion
- 8⅘ grams leftover gravy
Boxing Day Pie is a community recipe submitted by MariaSouris and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
Line your greased pie tin or dish with pastry, may need 1 sheet or 1 1/2 to fit properly.
Layer meat and vegies so that all is evenly distributed.
Pour the cold gravy (thick not watery)over the meat and vegies.
Top with pastry sheet,pinch the pie edge together.
Glaze with egg wash or milk.
Bake in a pre heated oven 180 c for 45-50 mins.
The gravy keeps the meat and vegies moist and the flavour is devine.
Delicous hot or cold. Serve with salad for a meal or on its own with cranberry jelly or sweet chillie sauce.