Our son asked me to make this years ago after he read Diet For a Small Planet by Frances Moore Lappe. I tweaked it a bit with more mushrooms, and unpeeled red potato.
- 3 medium red potatoes (cooked or steamed with the skin on - cool and slice)
- 3 medium eggs (hard boiled and sliced)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch of freshly ground pepper
- ½ pound button mushrooms
- wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons flour (unbleached)
Egg Potato Bake is a community recipe submitted by MotherLodeBeth and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.