In the winter because we ski so much and I volunteer with search and rescue, my slow cooker (Crock Pot) gets a work out. One of my families favorite meals is stewed chicken with white wine, tomato and mushrooms.
- 1 whole chicken (or 6 chicken thighs or breasts)
- 250 millilitres white wine (good quality)
- 250 millilitres chicken broth (homemade or excellent quality store-bought chicken stock)
- 1 large sliced onion
- 250 millilitres stewed tomatoes
- 250 millilitres sliced button mushrooms
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
Sierra Stewed Chicken is a community recipe submitted by MotherLodeBeth and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.