This is a recipe that I found on the back of a packet of chocolate chips that I bought here in Canada. Apologies therefore for the odd cup and 'ml' measurements, where Brits would usually use weights. It is incredibly easy to make and the cookies are amazing (especially warm from the oven, so the chocolate chips are slightly soft..!). The recipe makes lots of cookies (4-5 dozen, depending on the size) but I guarantee that this won't be a problem! (They seem to keep well too, for those of you with more self-control than me).
- ⅔ cup melted butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 packet hershey's chipits (or other milk chocolate chips, can use butterscotch chips - needs to be good quality chocolate)
Astoundingly Good Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie is a community recipe submitted by Norm and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C.
- Mix together melted butter, brown sugar, eggs and hot water. Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mixture will form into a stiffish dough. Stir in chocolate chips until well distributed throughout the dough.
- Try not to eat all of the uncooked dough right now, though do allow yourself a little nibble! Drop from a small spoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet. (I used 4 sheets altogether). The cookies do spread out a bit as they bake so leave room for this.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Don't allow them to brown too much. Eat a few whilst still warm - that's when they're at their best. Package some up to take to your friends and neighbours. Eat a few more. Unwrap the neighbours' packages... they can make their own cookies!!! Store in an airtight tin for as long as you can resist guzzling the lot.