Another in the theory that you can't have too much of a good thing and therefore the world can't have too many banana bread recipes.
For the Bread
- 255 grams flour
- 250 millilitres wheat bran
- 165 millilitres superfine sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 83 millilitres melted butter
- 3 bananas (ripe and mashed)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 63 millilitres milk
For the Optional
- 250 millilitres walnuts (pieces)
Banana-Bread is a community recipe submitted by Psappha and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
Treat this batter like you would a muffin batter--leave the lumps and do not over-handle the mixture!