These bean burgers are highly nutritious… full of protein (about 7%) and dietary fibre (another 7%) and with minimal sugar, they are vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, and fat-free, making them perfect for diabetics.
And best of all, the burgers are really easy to make.
- ⅕ kilogram red kidney beans Drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon oats (Gluten free oats)
Red kidney bean burger is a community recipe submitted by Wittyocean and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- To make the red kidney bean burgers, preheat your oven to 200C (400F).
- Spray a baking tray with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper, and put it aside.
- Mash beans thoroughly in mixing bowl until there are no whole beans left.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir until they are well mixed.
- Divide mixture into 4 parts of approximately equal size and roll them into balls, first making sure your hands are clean.
- Place the burger balls on the baking sheet, and flatten them with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 10 minutes, and then turn to bake on the other side for another 10 minutes. Enjoy!