Dip/Dunk these traditional South African rusks in your fave hot drink !!! Delicious and healthy too !! Great for breakfast or inbetween snack.
- 1 kilogram self-raising flour
- 57 grams bran (optional)
- 16 millilitres baking powder
- 5 millilitres salt
- 1000 millilitres bran flakes
- 500 millilitres quick-cooking oats
- 250 millilitres sunflower seeds
- 375 millilitres ground linseed
- 125 millilitres raisins
- 250 millilitres coconut
- 3 crumbled weetabix
- 510 grams butter
- 375 millilitres brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 519 millilitres buttermilk
- 130 millilitres milk
Health Rusks is a community recipe submitted by ReneK and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
I change this recipe all the time eg: Instead of the raisins I use pumpkin seeds or perhaps pecan nuts. You can change this recipe as you like as long as you use the same amount dry and wet ingredients. ENJOY !!!