Rice laddu/Rice ball is a traditional snack of Kerala which is easy to prepare, light on the stomach and nutritious as well. It can be prepared in less than one hour time.
- 1 cup rice (preferably red or brown rice)
- 3 cups coconut (Grated)
- 1 cup jaggery Powder
- 2 cardamom (Either a pinch of cardamom powder or two pods.)
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
Rice Laddu is a community recipe submitted by Srinidhi_C and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Wash the rice well and remove stones if any. You can use red rice or brown rice. Strain the water well.
- In a thick bottomed Aluminium kadai / skillet, roast the rice on medium flame – Keep on stirring – Roast it till the rice grains breaks/popping up.
- Transfer this to a wide plate or lid and let it cool.
- Grind this into fine powder in a mixer/food processor. Strain the rice powder.
- Add the powdered jaggery, grated coconut and cardamom to the mixer jar and just mix it with a spin. Don’t grind them into a paste. Transfer everything into a bowl and mix them together.
- Crush any jaggery lumps if present with your fingers.
- Make lemon-sized balls with this mixture and serve it immediately or keep it in air tight dry containers.