Its an Indian Recipe, very popular, rich and very tasty!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 kilogram chicken thigh fillets (trimmed and halved)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup tomato puree
- ⅓ cup natural yogurt
- ½ cup thickened cream
- ¼ cup toasted slivered almonds ( to serve)
- cilantro (to serve)
Butter Chicken is a community recipe submitted by rysa and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Heat oil and half the butter in a large, heavy-based saucepan over high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, until browned. Remove to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining butter. Add ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add coriander, cumin, garam masala and chili powder and cook for 30 seconds. Add tomato pure and a pinch of salt and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Return chicken to saucepan with yoghurt and cream.
- Simmer a further 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with almonds and coriander.
Serve hot with Indian Naan Bread.