This recipe has Nigella's name written all over it. I kept waiting for it to pop up in one of her books, so I thought I would give fate a helping hand.
- 28 ounces pomegranates
- ¼ cup almonds
- ¼ cup pinenuts
- ¼ cup pistachios
- ¾ cup sugar (subjective and depending on sourness of pomegranate)
- ¼ cup rosewater
- ¼ cup orange blossom water
Pomegranate Fruit Salad is a community recipe submitted by SamIAm and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Remove the Pomegranates seeds from their shells.
- Soak the almonds for one to two hours in hot water, drain and peel them.
- Soak the pine nuts in hot water for one to two hours, drain and wipe clean.
- Soak the pistachios in hot water for one hour, drain and peel.
- Mix the pomegranate seeds with the sugar and rose and orange blossom waters. Mix on and off untill sugar dissolves.
- Add the nuts, while keeping some for the top.
- Put in the fridge until ready to serve. This is to be eaten cold.
This looks like a bowl of jewels, so it is much more effective to put all the ingredients in a see-through glass bowl. Beautiful to behold, delicious and refreshing to eat.