Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onions. Cover and cook until soft, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Add curry, and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne; stir 30 seconds. Add squash and broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until squash is very tender, about 30 minutes. With immersion blender, or in batches in a blender, puree soup until smooth. Season with salt and pepper adding more cayenne if desired.
Perfect for a first course.
- 1500 millilitres cubed and peeled butternut squash
- 875 millilitres chicken broth (low sodium)
- 500 millilitres chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Curried Butternut Squash Soup is a community recipe submitted by SeattleDiane and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.