A fabulous dessert cake which featured in Good Food Magazine. The sponge is very brownie textured and nice with the layers of meringue and cream.
For the Gateau
- 2 ounces unsweetened cocoa
- 8⅓ fluid ounces boiling water
- 4 ounces softened butter
- 10 ounces superfine sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 6 ounces self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 fluid ounce heavy cream
- 2 ounces rolos (roughly chopped)
- confectioners' sugar (for dusting)
For the Meringue
- 2 medium egg whites
- 4 ounces superfine sugar
Chocolate Crunch Gateau is a community recipe submitted by sezz and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
This looks stunning on the Living Kitchen cream cake stand. I made mine in the Magimix as not in the mood for being delicate and it was a great success.