This recipe was given to me in the early 80's and I have just re discovered it again.
For the Pie
- 4 ounces rich tea biscuits
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 ounces butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup superfine sugar
- ½ cup thickened cream
- peppermint essence (to taste)
For the Topping
- 113 bittersweet chocolate
- 57 butter
- green food colouring (optional)
Chocolate Mint Pie is a community recipe submitted by ShazzaP and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
This is quite rich, so an 8 inch plan would serve 8 people