Anyone who has watched the movie Stranger the Fiction will know what these are about. These are yummy cookies that only improve on sitting a day or two.
For the Cookies
- 688 millilitres self-raising flour
- 125 millilitres cornstarch
- 170 grams softened butter
- 125 millilitres vegetable oil (or light olive oil)
- 250 millilitres superfine sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- ½ teaspoon almond essence
For the Glaze
- 375 millilitres confectioners' sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 5 tablespoons cream
- 2 drops food colouring (pink)
- 1 hundreds and thousands
Bavarian Sugar Cookies is a community recipe submitted by Sooli and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
They will keep for up to a week - if they last that long. Also you will find that they only improve on sitting for a couple of days. The dough will also freeze and keep for several months. You can then either slice cookies from the roll, or allow to thaw and roll as for fresh dough. These also look pretty as X-mas trees with white or green icing and sprinkles.