So delicious! (You might want more than one!)
- 100 grams chorizo labelled with the Consorcio del Chorizo Español seal, finely chopped
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 500 grams mushrooms finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 50 grams panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg beaten with 1tbsp water
- 500 grams all-butter ready-rolled puff pastry sheet
- flour for dusting
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
SPANISH CHORIZO AND MUSHROOM SAUSAGE ROLLS is a community recipe submitted by SpanishChorizoConsortium and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Put the chorizo into a large frying pan and fry gently for 2-3 minutes until the fat runs. Add the onion and celery and cook over a medium heat for about 6-8 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley, thyme and breadcrumbs. Mix in 2 tablespoons of the beaten egg. Season with salt and pepper and leave to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 210°C/Fan oven 190°C, Gas Mark 6. Line 2 baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle measuring 28cm x 40cm, trimming the edges to neaten. Cut into 2 strips measuring 14cm x 20cm. Divide the filling into two, and roll each portion into 2 long sausage shapes to fit the length of the pastry strips. Brush the edge of the pastry with beaten egg, then fold over to encase the filling. Use a sharp knife to cut into individual sausage rolls.
- Arrange the sausage rolls on the baking sheets and brush with the remaining beaten egg. Bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden brown. Serve hot or cold.
Cook’s tip: Use ready-rolled puff pastry sheets if you prefer.