This cake is so easy to make and so refreshing. You can eat it as dessert or even for breakfast. I've been making it for years and still love it.
- 250 millilitres sugar
- 125 millilitres vegetable oil
- 375 millilitres flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ tablespoon ground hazelnut meal
- 7 fresh apricots (nectarines or peaches or 2 cups blueberries or raspberries)
- 250 millilitres plain yogurt
- ½ tablespoon walnut
- ½ tablespoon crumbled almonds
Fruit Cake With Yoghurt Batter is a community recipe submitted by sugarbaby and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
You can use all sorts of fruit, but not apples or pears. It's best to stick to summer fruit, such as apricots, nectarines, blueberries... The cake in the picture was made with apricots and raspberries.