I love this recipe handed to me by a cook in the seminary. I am not sure where the name comes from but it sure is a tasty one-pot dish.
- ½ kilogram chicken breasts (boneless cut into 1/2inch strips)
- 1 large thinly sliced onion
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 large thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 63 millilitres water
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- white wine (optional)
- 500 millilitres mashed potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 125 millilitres cream
- chopped cilantro
- chopped fresh chives
- 1 dash nutmeg
Chicken Alexandria is a community recipe submitted by symphony0509 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.