This makes Sunday breakfast divine... Try it with slices of plump-red tomatoes and your favorite garlic toast. It is heart-friendly because the yolks of the eggs are NOT included, for all you cholesterol-watchers out there like my Pop. But if your health allows it and your mood is to dig into an "over-the-top" egg casserole then by all means leave the yolks in tact. And crown your creation with crisp bacon bits. Heart-friendly or not, egg casseroles are my absolute favorite.
- 6 medium hard boiled eggs
- parmesan cheese
- breadcrumbs (mixed with parmesan for sprinkling)
- 250 millilitres grated gruyere cheese (or edam)
- 3 cloves (hopped garlic
- 500 millilitres reduced fat milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine (polyunsaturated)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ chicken broth cube
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 handful chopped cilantro
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
Heart-Friendly Egg Casserole is a community recipe submitted by symphony0509 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.