This is a versatile dish if you like Mexican inspired food. It can be used in burritos, in nachos or on tostadas or tacos.
- 1 can black beans (rinsed)
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes (or favourite salsa, on hand)
- 1 red pepper (or green, diced)
- 1 onion (small to medium sized, diced)
- 1 jalapeno peppers (diced, or a green chilli or spicy pepper of choice - I also like chipotle pepper too!)
- fresh coriander
- lime juice (fresh)
- garlic powder
- chilli powder
Smokey Smashed Black Beans is a community recipe submitted by tart13 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.