I have developed this recipe, via trial and error, over a period years. This is its ultimate evolution and by all accounts, delicious. This is perfect on a cold winter day with a warm piece of cornbread (I like it on top of Frito's topped with cheese and red onion!) or during the summer accompanied by a tossed salad. Regardless, I hope y'all enjoy it!
- ⅞ ground beef
- 2 large onions
- 2 cloves pressed garlic
- 2 cans kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 822 tomato sauce (canned)
- 313 picante sauce (desired brand and heat, don't use thick and chunky salsa)
- 125 water
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- ⅕ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅕ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅕ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 large green bell pepper (cut into 3/4 inch pieces)
Randy's Chilli is a community recipe submitted by TexasRandy and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.