'Cakes' mentioned Traditional Christmas Cakes in a thread so I'm adding this one to the recipe list! It's from Australian Good Taste, Dec 2005 pg 110 and it's YUMMY!
- 500 millilitres golden raisins
- 250 millilitres currants
- 250 millilitres chopped raisins
- 125 millilitres red candied cherries
- 125 millilitres mixed citrus peel
- 83 millilitres rum
- 255 grams chopped butter
- 250 millilitres brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 4 medium eggs
- 113 grams melted dark cooking chocolate
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 500 millilitres all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 113 grams slivered almonds
- 57 grams melted dark cooking chocolate
- 57 grams melted white cooking chocolate
- confectioners' sugar (to dust)
Australian Traditional Christmas Cake is a community recipe submitted by kitchengirl and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 8 weeks.