'Cakes' mentioned Traditional Christmas Cakes in a thread so I'm adding this one to the recipe list! It's from Australian Good Taste, Dec 2005 pg 110 and it's YUMMY!
- 2 cups golden raisins
- 1 cup currants
- 1 cup chopped raisins
- ½ cup red candied cherries
- ½ cup mixed citrus peel
- ⅓ cup rum
- 9 ounces chopped butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 4 medium eggs
- 4 ounces melted dark cooking chocolate
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 ounces sliced almonds
- 2 ounces melted dark cooking chocolate
- 2 ounces melted white cooking chocolate
- confectioners' sugar (to dust)
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
Australian Traditional Christmas Cake is a community recipe submitted by kitchengirl and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 8 weeks.