A nice snack made of oatmeal and a spicy tuna dip with some capers, parsley and chili.
- 1 can tuna
- 1 tomato
- 2 sundried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 20 grams fresh flatleaf parsley
- 1 red chilli
- 50 grams wholemeal oats
- 50 grams pistachios
- 1 tablespoon ras el hanout
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Tuna Tapenade with Oatmeal Chips is a community recipe submitted by LaComidaDeliciosa and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Slice the tomato in fours and remove the seeds. Slice the tomato in small cubes.
- Chop the dried tomatoes very fine. Chop the capers rough and the parsley fine.
- Put the tuna in a bowl and loosen it with a fork. Stir the tuna with the tomato cubes, dried tomato, capers and parsley till a tapenade.
- Season with some black pepper and dilute with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Preheat the oven at 180° Celsius.
- Peel the pistachio nuts. Mix in a food processor the oatmeal, pistachio nuts, ras el hanout till a smooth flour.
- Mix the egg white with it and spoon by spoon the olive oil. Knead everything till a supple dough.
- Press the dough slightly on a piece of baking paper. Lay another piece of baking paper on it and roll out the dough between the baking paper till a piece of 2-3 mm thick. Slice the dough in triangles of 4 cm.
- Put the oatmeal chips on a with baking paper covered baking tray and bake them in the oven in 6-8 minutes golden and done.
- Leave the chips at the baking paper to cool on a grid.