The reason I feel obliged to post this recipe is the fact that people add all kinds of wierd thing to the Hummus which is a rather straight forward dip.
- 2 cups garbanzo beans (prepared a night before)
- ¾ cup pure tahini
- ½ cup water
- black olives (infuse in the oil for a day or two)
- 2 large limes (lemon is way too mild for this)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chilli paste (or half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper)
- chopped fresh parsley (to taste)
Real Hummus is a community recipe submitted by Yasmina and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
You can put in a spoonful of whole boiled chickpeas so that it has some crunch to it. You can also eat the boiled chick peas as they are in their boiling water by adding lime juice, chilli powder and a little cumin, we call that Halabessa (we eat that in a cup by the way, not a dish). It sure will warm you up in a cold winter day!