I am a huge fan of sweet potatoes, and concocted this recipe myself with a fridge full of random ingredients, it has become a firm favourite, even the kid's love it! I like my food to be a real assault on the taste buds so it is quite rich, feel free to tweak the spices/garlic as you see fit. I use chestnut mushrooms, and smoked bacon, but have found that normal closed cup mushrooms and plain bacon are just as nice. I have, on occasions, added lentils. Vegetarians can of course hold off on the bacon!
- 8 large sweet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion (chopped finely)
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 handfuls mushrooms (sliced, good handfuls)
- 8 rashers streaky bacon (cut into small pieces)
Sweet Potato Stew is a community recipe submitted by YUM and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.