This salad is good for luncheons, getting together with the girls, picnics and parties. You can pile this inside a soft roll. Nibble it with crackers? Ladle it into lettuce cups? An unusual and tasty version of a "traditional chicken salad".
- ½ kilogram cooked & seasoned chicken breasts
- 250 millilitres mayonnaise
- 125 millilitres sour cream
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (sweet or hot)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 63 millilitres roasted raw unsalted cashews
- 125 millilitres raisins (sultanas or mix of both)
- 63 millilitres figs (or dates)
- 63 millilitres sliced & halved water chestnuts
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 2 sliced scallions
- 125 millilitres chopped fresh italian parsley
- 1 pinch of cracked black pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
Curried Chicken Salad is a community recipe submitted by Aaron and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.