The combination of orange, cranberry and a hint of clove is especially nice in the fall and winter months.
- 1 handful dried cranberries
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tablespoons sugar (plus extra for sprinkling)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 7 tablespoons butter (cut into small pieces)
- 1 lightly beaten egg
Cranberry and Orange Scones is a community recipe submitted by Agatha and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
You can let them cool completely and then put them in an airtight container. They will not keep this way more than two days. Makes about 10 or 12 2 inch scones.