Hot and spicy keema sandwiches in pitta pockets with slices of tomato and onion... not for the fainthearted.
- 1 pound ground lamb (or beef)
- 2 onions (1 diced 1 sliced into rings)
- 4 cloves finely diced garlic
- 7 tomatoes (retain one for garnish)
- 2 teaspoons hot curry powder
- 1 teaspoon hot chili powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon chilli sauce
- oil (for frying pittas)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- water (if needed)
- 1 handful cilantro (to finish)
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
Keema Sandwiches is a community recipe submitted by angierichie and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.