MADHUR JAFFREY'S BEST EVER CHICKEN CURRY (IN MY HUMBLE OPINION!!)
- 2½ pounds chicken pieces
- 12 ounces onions
- 1½ inches piece of fresh gingerroot (peeled and chopped)
- 6 cloves garlic
- 7 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ tablespoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 pint water
- 8 ounces finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
Chicken in a Fried Onion Sauce is a community recipe submitted by annauk and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.